New homes (both freehold and condominium units) built for sale or under the terms of a construction contract must be enrolled.
If you are registered with BuilderLink, Tarion’s online builder service, you can enrol homes electronically.
If you’re not currently registered with BuilderLink, we encourage you to register today
. BuilderLink is Tarion's online service for Vendor/Builders. With just a few clicks, you can:
- Enrol homes;
- Pay outstanding debt;
- Manage your credits and debits;
- View financial transaction history;
- Update and print the Certificate of Completion and Possession;
- Submit new applications for registration;
- Renew your registration;
- Review statutory warranty forms and reports;
- Track repair timelines;
- Manage inspections; and
- View service and administrative statistics.
If you’re not a BuilderLink user, the steps to enrol freehold homes and condominiums are as follows:
1. Obtain an enrolment form by calling the License and Underwriting Department at 1-877-696-6497 ext. 3001 or through e-mail at:
2. Complete one form for each freehold home or condominium unit and send it to Tarion together with the required fee as per the Tarion Enrolment Fee Table
. Make cheques payable to Tarion Warranty Corporation.
3. Enrolment and payment of fees for single homes must occur on or before the date their building permits are issued.
Enrolment and payment of fees for condo projects must occur at least 30 days before construction begins - that is to say, 30 days before commencement of excavation for, or construction of, foundation components or elements (such as footings, rafts or piles) for the building.
4. Any required security must be included with the enrolment form. Vendors/Builders will be advised of any security requirements at the time of registration or renewal. Please see Builder Bulletin 28 (Revised) for more information about the posting and release of security.
5. Retain a copy of each enrolment form for your records. Please mail forms to: Tarion Warranty Corporation Licensing and Underwriting Department5160 Yonge Street, 12th Floor,Toronto, ONM2N 6L9
Enrolments are typically processed within three business days if the enrolment fee, information (Form) and security, if applicable, are received. Vendors/Builders will receive a Certificate of Completion and Possession and Warranty Certificate (CCP/WC) as confirmation of each home enrolled with Tarion.