Anyone in the Province of Ontario who plans to build and/or sell a new home or condo ​must be registered with Tarion and enrol the home(s) and condo(s) as per the requirements of the Onta​​rio New Home Warranties Plan Act.

If you are planning to build new homes, you will need to register with Tarion as a builder.
A builder is defined as; a person who undertakes the performance of all the work and supply of all the material necessary to construct a completed home whether for the purpose of sale by the person or under a contract with a vendor or owner;

If you are planning to sell new homes, you will need to register with Tarion as a vendor.

A vendor is defined as a person who se​lls on his, her or its own behalf a home not previously occupied to an owner and includes a builder who constructs a hom​e under a contract wi​th the owner.

And if you are planning to both build and sell new homes, you will need to register with Tarion as a builder and a vendor.

Each home that you propose to build must also be enrolled with Tarion.​​​​​​

There are a number of Builder Bulletins​, as well as the Ontario New H​o​me Warranties Plan Act​​​, which govern t​he registration process, review and approval.
If you have any questions regarding this please contact the Licensing and Underwriting Department at 1-877-696-6497 ext. 3001 or via e-mail at L&U@tarion.com.