All new licensed builders are enrolled in the Tarion Start Right Program. The Start Right Program is an important part of how Tarion helps new builders start out on the right foot in the home building industry by providing timely information and education that will help them better fulfil their warranty obligations, and deliver high-quality home to new home buyers in Ontario.
Builders in the Start Right Program can look forward to targeted education and communication pieces from Tarion at certain milestones in the warranty process, such as:
- A welcome letter detailing education resources available to builders;
- A First Enrolment check-in when they enroll their first home;
- Another check-in when they receive their first statutory warranty form;
- Alerts when new policies are introduced and when new builder education resources are made available; and
- Regular updates from Tarion via Breaking Ground, Tarion's builder e-newsletter (builders will be automatically subscribed).
Builders in the Start Right Program are also expected to attend a Tarion Builder Update session within their first year of being licensed. The intent of the update is to set the stage for ongoing education in their careers.
By helping builders start off on the right path and working to ensure have the tools they need to meet their warranty obligations, Tarion is helping to raise the level of customer service and ultimately ensure a better new home ownership experience for Ontario’s new home buyers.