Homeowner Information Package
SEARCH THE HIP
Certain severe conditions constitute an emergency situation. An emergency is any warrantable deficiency within the control of your builder that, if not attended to immediately, would likely result in imminent and substantial damage to your home, or would likely represent an imminent and substantial risk to the health and safety of its occupants.
Examples of emergency situations include:
- Total loss of heat between September 15 and May 15.
- Gas leak*.
- Total loss of electricity*.
- Total loss of water supply*.
- Total sewage stoppage*.
- Plumbing leakage that requires complete water shut-off.
- Major collapse of any part of the home’s exterior or interior structure.
- Major water penetration on the interior walls or ceiling.
- A large pool of standing water inside the home.
- Any situation that in Tarion's opinion makes the home uninhabitable for health or safety reasons.
During this period, it is important that you provide your builder and their tradespeople access to your home.
* Emergency situations due to the failure of a municipality or utility to provide the service are not covered under warranty because they are not within the builder’s control.