Homeowner Information Package
SEARCH THE HIP
The two year warranty is provided by your builder and covers:
- Water penetration through the basement or foundation walls.
- Defects in materials, including windows, doors and caulking such that the building envelope of the home prevents water penetration.
- Defects in work and materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems.
- Defects in work or materials which result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum or vinyl siding).
- Violations of the Ontario Building Code affecting health and safety (including, but not limited to, violations relating to fire safety and the structural adequacy of the home).
- Major structural defects.