Tarion is an administrative authority overseen by the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services. To improve existing oversight, accountability and transparency, Tarion and the Minister have entered into a new Administrative Agreement. This replaces Tarion's former accountability agreement and sets out new legally-binding rules for Tarion, including:
- Requirements for reporting, including publishing an annual report and business plan;
- Commitments regarding governance and the New Home Ombuds;
- Competency requirements for board members and a code of conduct for directors;
- Rules around privacy and access to information;
- Requirements for policy development, consultation, and regulatory changes; and
- Operational commitments, performance indicators, and targets to measure Tarion’s performance and to ensure its mandated responsibilities are met.