This page is administered by Tarion Warranty Corporation (“Tarion”).
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please ensure that you do not include the names, photographs, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses or any other personally identifying information of yourself or others in the body of your comments or posts on any of Tarion’s social media channels or accounts.
Tarion’s social media channels are publicly accessible upon and subject to the terms of this Social Media Policy. Your comments may be publicly visible depending on your privacy settings. Please do not post any case-specific enquiries. If you have questions about a case-specific situation, we encourage you to contact us at 1-877-9-TARION (1-877-982-7466) or by email at email@example.com.
1. Tarion may periodically update and/or monitor its social media channels (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and The Open Door Blog) during regular business hours (Eastern Standard Time).
2. The views expressed on Tarion’s social media channels by others represent their own views and are not necessarily endorsed or approved by Tarion.
3. Tarion may or may not: review posted comments; reply to any comments; and/or review or moderate any discussions or other content.
4. Tarion reserves the right to edit or remove postings or content (including posts that share or retweet other content), in whole or in part, for any reason, including content that:
- is unsolicited or unauthorized, such as unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letter," "pyramid scheme," or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise).
- is abusive, hateful, homophobic, discriminatory, malicious, aggressive, threatening, violent, sexist, harassing, inflammatory, indecent, tortious, defamatory, knowingly false, misleading, deceptive, vulgar, obscene, offensive, scandalous, sexually explicit or profane.
- incites hatred, racism, bigotry, discrimination or physical harm of any kind against any individual or class of individuals based on a protected ground in the Ontario Human Rights Code, including ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, sex or sexual orientation.
- is offensive or otherwise abusive toward an individual or an organization.
- engages in harassment and/or personal attacks toward an individual or organization.
- makes claims or statements concerning Tarion which are untrue, inaccurate and/or misleading.
- misleads Tarion or anyone else as to your identity or the origin of the posted content, or falsely claims to represent a person, organization or entity.
- includes personal data or information about others or is in breach of any confidence.
- contains a virus or harmful component of any kind.
- disrupts, places unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, interferes with or attempts to gain unauthorized access to, any portion of Tarion’s social media channels or accounts.
- is in violation of any law, rule or regulation or any third party right, or promotes illegal activity or conduct that would contravene any law, rule or regulation or third party right.
5. If Tarion becomes aware of any social media content that mentions Tarion or its employees and/or that contravenes this Social Media Policy, then Tarion reserves the right to temporarily or permanently exclude (e.g. via blocking) the content’s creator from interacting with Tarion on social media.
6. Your use of Tarion’s social media channels and its content is at your own risk. We reserve the right not to keep any content that you post on our social media pages or feeds, and to remove, edit or move, at any time any content posted which does not comply with this Social Media Policy or that is otherwise objectionable in light of prevailing community standards.
7. The content on Tarion’s social media channels should not be relied upon as legal or other professional advice.
8. Tarion makes no representations, warranties or assurances with respect to the content on its social media channels. The entire risk as to the content and performance of such social media channels is with you. Any submissions made by you or others are made, used or relied upon at your own risk. Tarion accepts no responsibility for retaining or returning any submissions or provides any assurances that your submissions will be retrievable. Tarion makes no assurances that it will operate within any particular social media channel.
9. Tarion shall not, under any circumstances, be liable to you for damages of any kind, including direct or indirect, consequential, special or punitive damages, arising out of or in connection with the use of, or interaction with, Tarion’s social media channels or accounts. Under no circumstances shall Tarion be liable to you for any amount.
10. Tarion’s social media channels may contain links to external websites that you access at your own risk. Tarion is not responsible for the accuracy of any content or availability of any services or products on any third party website that may be referred to. Links to any third party websites or resources do not imply an endorsement by Tarion.
This document may be updated from time to time. Please check back regularly to see if there have been any updates.
Last updated on: October 29, 2019