July 6, 2020 Update
The Government of Ontario’s Emergency Order that suspends certain statutory limitation periods (including warranty submission timelines, requests for conciliation and builder repair periods) under the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act is in place until September 11, 2020. As the COVID-19 restrictions have been gradually eased and more businesses are resuming operations, Tarion has carefully considered the ongoing impacts of delaying repairs on both homeowners and builders and has determined that it should exercise its discretion to re-start inspections and reinstate timelines.
For more information on the impact of these measures, please see the advisories posted below.
If homeowners or builders have any questions, they should contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-982-7466 or email email@example.com.
Throughout the COVID-19 outbreak, Tarion has been taking various precautionary measures and adjusting our operations to ensure the health and safety of our employees as well as homeowners, builders and the greater community. We are making every effort to ensure this situation does not impact our customer service and support for both homeowners and builders.
At this time, Public Health continues to encourage individuals and businesses to take measures to minimize interactions and maintain physical distancing. Our corporate office will remain closed to visitors for the foreseeable future and staff will continue working remotely. We are planning to begin a gradual return of staff to our corporate office over the coming weeks while ensuring that we are able to comply with the current public health guidance to protect our employees. We will also be re-starting in-person inspections with new health and safety protocols in place. More information on inspections is available in the advisories below.
- Advisory for Homeowners & Builders: Reinstatement of Timelines - July 6, 2020
- Advisory from Tarion to Homeowners and Builders on COVID-19 Pandemic: Pre-Delivery Inspections and Delayed Closings - June 9, 2020
- Guidance for Repairs During COVID-19 - June 18, 2020
- Guidance for Pre-Delivery Inspections During COVID-19 - June 18, 2020
- Advisory on Conciliations by Virtual Inspection - June 18, 2020
- Advisory on health and safety precautions for in-person inspections/meetings