The health and safety of homeowners, builders, and others is a top priority for Tarion. As COVID-19 continues to be an ongoing public health situation, we will continue to monitor the current provincial and regional health and safety guidelines and make adjustments to our practices as needed. Information on this page is updated whenever changes are made.
May 4, 2022 Update
COVID-19 may impact the purchasing, construction and after sales service of new homes in the province. With the recent easing of health and safety restrictions, we have updated a number of our advisories.
Tarion’s expectation is that owners and builders will continue to abide by the current health and safety measures put in place by the province. As vaccination status is considered personal medical information, Tarion cannot require builders or owners to disclose their vaccination status to Tarion or each other. If owners and builders are not able to work out arrangements regarding access for repairs, they are encouraged to contact Tarion’s Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-877-982-7466.
At this time, the Tarion office is closed to outside visitors. For deliveries, please email email@example.com or call 416-229-9200 ext 3305.
- Advisory on Virtual and In-Person-Inspections - May 13, 2022
- Guidance for Repairs during COVID-19 - May 3, 2022
- Advisory for Homeowners & Builders - Pre-Delivery Inspections & Delayed Closings - May 3, 2022
- Advisory for Homeowners & Builders: Building Material Shortages - October 25, 2021
- Guidance for Pre-Delivery Inspections during COVID-19 - October 30, 2020