September 11, 2020 Update
Warranty submission timelines, requests for conciliation and builder repair periods that had previously been suspended under the Government of Ontario’s Emergency Order are now fully reinstated. All warranty forms and requests for conciliation due after September 11, 2020 should be submitted on-time according to their due date. Tarion has resumed in-person inspections and all postponed conciliations and inspections have now been rescheduled to the earliest possible date.
For more information on the impact of these measures, please see the advisories posted below.
If homeowners or builders have any questions, they should contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-982-7466 or email email@example.com.
Throughout the COVID-19 outbreak, Tarion has been taking various precautionary measures and adjusting our operations to ensure the health and safety of our employees as well as homeowners, builders and the greater community. We are making every effort to ensure this situation does not impact our customer service and support for both homeowners and builders.
At this time, health and safety guidelines endorsed by the Government of Ontario continue to encourage individuals and businesses to take measures to minimize interactions and maintain physical distancing. Our corporate office will remain closed to visitors for the foreseeable future and staff will continue working remotely. We are implementing a gradual return of staff to our corporate office while ensuring that we are able to comply with the current public health guidance to protect our employees.
- Advisory from Tarion to Homeowners and Builders on COVID-19 Pandemic: Pre-Delivery Inspections and Delayed Closings - June 9, 2020
- Guidance for Repairs During COVID-19 - June 18, 2020
- Guidance for Pre-Delivery Inspections During COVID-19 - June 18, 2020
- Advisory on Conciliations by Virtual Inspection - June 18, 2020
- Advisory on health and safety precautions for in-person inspections/meetings - October 20, 2020
- Advisory for Homeowners & Builders: Reinstatement of Timelines - July 6, 2020
- Advisory for Homeowners & Builders: Building Material Shortages - August 17, 2020