- 5 Things Every Homebuyer Should Know
When you're in the market for a new home, it's important to know your rights and responsibilities. Here are five things every new homebuyer in Ontario should know:
1. Make sure that your builder is registered, and your home is enrolled.
2. You may be entitled to compensation for a closing delay.
3. Your deposit is protected.
4. Your warranty begins when you take possession.
5. Don't forget about your warranty forms and deadlines.
- Illegal Building: Are You Protected?
Illegal building can have devastating consequences. That's why Tarion actively helps to prevent it -- by licensing builders, and putting helpful tools like the Ontario Builder Directory into the hands of new home buyers.
- The Top 5 Ways to Choose the Right Builder
Useful tips to ensure you get your new home buying experience off to the right start.