Cybersecurity concerns us all, and it is important to stay vigilant to protect your information online, particularly in light of recent increases in cyber-attacks targeting the personal data of consumers.
Privacy and security have always been a top priority at Tarion, so we would like to offer you a few tips to help you stay safe online:
1. Look out for potential scammers who may use fake emails, pop-up ads, text messages, or phone calls to try to trick you into sharing personal information.
2. Only open emails from those you know. Don’t click on email links or download attachments from unknown sources and be wary of emails that ask you to provide account credentials or other information through a link.
3. Keep your user ID and password confidential. Do not share them with anyone, including family members.
4. Ensure that your MyHome password is unique, and that you do not use the same password for your accounts on any other websites or apps. This is to ensure that your MyHome account is secure even if your account on another platform is compromised.
5. Research available services that alert you if any of your online account credentials have been compromised. Some such services include Firefox Monitor and Google’s Password Checkup for passwords (although Tarion does not endorse any specific service.)
6. If you believe that your user ID or password are no longer secure, or you receive a suspicious message that looks like it’s from Tarion, contact us immediately.
With these tips, you can better protect your data and feel more confident that you’re taking the necessary steps to be safe online.