Tarion is proud to launch a redesigned website to help new home owners and buyers easily learn about their new home warranty, and a new visual identity to make it easier for consumers to understand, at a glance, who we are and what we do.
Welcome to the new Tarion.com
A newly built home is one of life’s biggest purchases. For new homeowners, protecting that investment starts with understanding the builder’s warranty and how to get the coverage you’re entitled to.
We’ve redesigned our website to make it easier for consumers to find home warranty information for every stage of the new home journey – from getting ready to buy, to resolving a claim – and for builders to find the information they need on the warranty program and how to enrol their new homes.
Some of the improvements include:
- A homeowner landing page with tailored information and an overview of all the pages & content that can be found in the homeowner section and pages that take homeowners step-by-step through important processes, making it easier to understand the entire warranty and claims process.
- A refreshed builder section with clear information on the application process, warranty process, builder education products and other resources such as Registrar Bulletins.
- Alerts and advisories about issues in the industry that may impact new home construction (such as trade strikes) or important warranty information for both homeowners and builders.
- Resources section where homeowners can easily filter and search for guidance relevant to their type of home, stage in home ownership and types of content including videos, blogs, news, glossaries, tools and guides.
- Learning modules located in the Resources Section give in-depth information on the warranty and relevant information, these are fully responsive so homeowners can learn on any device and on the go.
A design refresh for greater clarity
As part of this refresh, Tarion is unveiling a new identity that more clearly reflects our mission and the role we play in Ontario’s housing industry.
Our new logo design clearly connects Tarion to homes, and represents the diversity of new housing types in development today, including detached houses, townhomes and high-rise condos. Both the logo and descriptor were developed with input from consumers and other stakeholders.
Why we’ve made these changes
This design refresh is the latest of many changes we’ve made in recent years to strengthen Ontario’s new home warranty and protection program. These include improving our corporate governance structure, supporting the launch of the Home Construction Regulatory Authority, enhancing the independence of the Ombudsperson’s Office, enhancing customer service and updating the MyHome portal to help make warranty claims easier to manage. And, most recently, announcing that the warranty coverage limit for freehold homes will increase to $400,000 and creating a new Temporary Relocation Warranty.
“By breathing fresh life into our identity and website, we’re building on the progress we’ve made to make Ontario’s new home warranty program the best in the country,” says Peter Balasubramanian, Tarion’s President and CEO. “This step forward helps us set the stage for more consumer education initiatives. We want more new home buyers to understand their warranty protection and be aware that if the builder is unwilling or unable to meet their warranty commitments, Tarion can help ensure they get the coverage they are entitled to.”